Is your business utilising the potential of AI and automation? It’s ready to go, right at your fingertips.
AI Builder is a component of Microsoft’s Power Platform that enables us to easily integrate AI into the Power Platform. It uses AI models that are designed to optimize business processes. There are many pre-built OOTB AI models, but if one doesn’t suit your use case, you can create your own custom AI model, no data science skills required.
The pre-built models cover a wide variety of solutions, including:
- Invoice processing to extract information from invoices (including fields such as invoice ID and also each line items’ details)
- Receipt processing to extract information from receipts
- Text recognition to extract text from images
- Text translation to translate text in real time into more than 60 languages
- ID reader model to extract information from Identification, such as passports
- Sentiment analysis model to detect whether the sentiment of the text is positive, negative, or neutral
All these AI solution models are OOTB, ready to go, and with a few steps they can be integrated into automation through Power Automate or applications through Power Apps.
The options for the custom AI models are perhaps even cooler! These however require the model to be trained, which only means identifying the intended output to the AI model. These custom AI models cover some awesome solutions, including:
- Prediction to analyse historical data and predict outcomes. For example, it can look at heaps of data and predict the future by answering questions such as:
- Is an applicant eligible for membership?
- Is this transaction likely to be fraudulent?
- Will a shipment arrive early, on-time, late, or very late?
- Which product would a customer be interested in?
- How many days for a shipment to arrive?
- How many items do we need to keep in inventory?
- How many calls should an agent handle in a day?
- Object detection to identify desired objects. Some use-cases are:
- In retail, it can help streamline inventory management, allowing retail leaders to focus on onsite customer relationships
- In manufacturing, technicians can use it to speed the repair process by quickly accessing the manual for a piece of machinery for which the UPC/serial number isn’t obvious.
- Form processing to extract desired information from any kind of document. This is the model to use when a document can’t be read by one of the pre-built models. Simply train it to read the document, and it will extract the data that you want, ready for processing.
Just think about how AI could add business value just like Sonae, who use it to automatically read COVID-19 results that are emailed in, and if positive, the necessary parties are instantly alerted without any human intervention. Or QuoteWizard who uses an object detection and text classification model to evaluate jobs and assign them to an appropriate engineer. Or Ingram Micro who extract data automatically from emails and uses the data to automatically create a quote for the customer. Even Microsoft themselves use it. What could AI Builder do for you?
Author: Andrew Morgan, RPA Manager, Blackbook.ai