An insurance company received a decent amount of claims every day that a dedicated team had to process fast to meet customer service levels.
The claims were sent via email and the mailbox was monitored daily. Each PDF attachment was read and manually entered into the ERP system. Once payment was approved, the customer was advised of the claim outcome.
While the process worked well, the company wanted to improve efficiency by automating this manual, repetitive task.
A RPA bot was built to process the claims.
- We used ABBYY FlexiCapture to monitor the mailbox and scan PDF attachments.
- The bot performed several verifications checks.
- The data was captured and passed onto the ERP system.
- The claims were processed and paid.
- The bot sent an email notification to the customer advising claim outcome.
- The insurance company effectively shortened processing time and reduced human errors.
- Customer satisfaction improved.
- Employees had the opportunity to upskill and perform higher value, more satisfying jobs.